Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Haiku and a movie

It was a quiet rainy weekend.  So Saturday morning we made another Lego movie, The Adventures of Rock Monster and Friends.  You can see it on the Police Jones website.  We are still working on the audio portion so you can see the silent version for now.

We recently had a three long days of coughing and fevers at home I decided it was time for a little home school.  We did a little math and some handwriting exercises.  Buddy Boy's class has been studying and writing poetry. It's hard for him to focus on writing at school when he sits next to his best friend so he hasn't written much.  I told him we were going to write some poetry and he asked about haiku.  I don't know where he heard of it, but I explained what it was.  We practiced counting out syllables and then we started writing.  Buddy Boy's original line was, "Teddy Pandy is my amulet of sleep."  We changed things around a bit to fit the 5-7-5 form and came up with this:

     In my cozy bed
     Teddy Panda, black and white
     my amulet of sleep

After three days of pseudo-home school the kids were ready to keep going.  I was not.  So back they went sniffles and all.  At least the fevers were gone.

No comments: