Now that he's made his movie, Buddy Boy wants to move on to making his own computer games. The trouble is how to make that happen when he is only 6 years old. I asked my Facebook friends and my cousin recommended Scratch. It's great, just the sort of thing I was hoping for but didn't know how to find. It is a way for kids to make games, movies, art etc.
Instead of writing out code, you snap together blocks of pre-written instructions. One of the fun things is that you can look at what others have made and uploaded to the Scratch website and see how they did it, not just the finished product. You can then take it, mix it up and play around with it.
I don't mind a little screen time if I'm training a future computer geek (aka highly paid engineer). We are just starting so there is a lot to learn, but it looks like fun. Now maybe he won't bug me about playing Minecraft.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment