Monday, July 16, 2012

News update

The Monday after I got home from a fabulously fun and relaxing trip our landlord informed us that he is listing our house for sale.  Ughh.  We had really hoped to be here another year or so.  I can't blame him.  He pays a pretty hefty sum each month to cover the mortgage in addition to what we pay in rent.  The housing market around here is just a little crazy.  So the house hunt for us begins.  The problem is that rents have increased dramatically in the two years since we moved in.  Not enough that they are equal to what you would pay for a mortgage, but enough that we can't really afford a place like where we are currently living.  We've looked at a bunch of places and it's a little depressing.  So in addition to looking for a new place to live I'm also looking for a part time teaching job.  With My Girl in school every day this fall I'll have a little time for work.  It isn't what I had planned, but it will be OK.  I have a couple of leads.  One job that I thought was a sure thing is now looking iffy, but there seem to be other things out there as well.  We'll see what happens.  Now I need to think about packing.

No comments: