I approached summer this year with a bit of anxiety. I'm not sure why. It just seemed like a big long black hole. It's hard to believe that summer is more than half way over. So far we've done a couple of local field trips, gone on a great road trip to Utah, and watched every episode of Mythbusters broadcast as well a a few more from Netflix. We spend a lot of time reading and playing Legos. We got a box from Amazon that included a
Whirley Pop pan and a new game called
Labyrinth. We've played it almost daily since then. It's a good game for big and little people.
The week after our trip we had a week of camp for the kids, Ancient Rome
camp for Buddy Boy and games, songs, crafts, and pony rides at the park with friends for My Girl. Buddy Boy HATES games, songs, and crafts if there isn't a point to it. He LOVED Ancient Rome camp. Each day they had art, history, and science all related to ancient Rome. It was perfect for him. My Girl has also had a taste of tap and ballet class. She goes back and forth about whether she likes it or not, but always leaves smiling.
We've made paper glasses with red cellophane lenses and a transmogrifier. (Read more Calvin and Hobbes if you're unfamiliar with this important scientific instrument.) I was actually a trout for a few minutes. Luckily, I was transmogrified back pretty quickly. Buddy Boy spent some time as a panda.
Our house is still for sale, but I've calmed down about it. After two weeks there haven't been any offers so we may be here longer than I thought. One good side effect of the open house and showings is that the house is nice and clean, the garage less so.
No comments:
Post a Comment