Thursday, December 13, 2012

A little cozy sewing

In spite of what some may think it really does get cold here, especially at night when I forget to turn the heater back on because it's been off while I had the windows open on sunny afternoons.  So I made fuzzy pajamas for the kids.  They each got to choose their own fabric.  My Girl went with the ballerina slippers, Buddy Boy went with a dinosaur camo print.  I don't have a picture of the dinosaurs since Buddy Boy has been sleeping in them every time I've thought about it.  Here are the ballerina jammies.  My Girl refuses to believe that long sleeves are necessary.  I thought that this might convince her, but I was wrong.  She happily wears the bottoms with a t-shirt to bed.


She refuses to wear long sleeves most of the time, but I don't like the idea of her freezing so here we go, fuzzy vests.  I hope you appreciate the buttons.  We spent a good twenty minutes picking them out.  It was a tough decision for a very opinionated little girl and her mother.  She also has a vest that matches her pajamas.  Maybe I could get her to wear it to bed.  Maybe not.



This isn't cozy, but it was fun.  Buddy Boy's class mascot is the Lightning Lizards.  One Friday was dress-as-your-class-name day so we came up with this t-shirt.  Buddy Boy drew the design and I helped him put it on a shirt with freezer paper stenciling.  I really liked the skeleton inside the lizard.  It looks great and it glows in the dark.  What more could you ask for.




No comments: