Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Marshmallow Creeps

I really like marshmallow Peeps.  Especially when they are nice and old and rubbery.  It's even better if the outer layer has dried out enough for the sugar to get crunchy bits.  Mmmm Mmmm.  So, when Buddy Boy asked to make marshmallow Creeps, I was all in.  (Creepers are from his favorite game, Minecraft, in case you don't have a 9 year old boy around to translate these things.)

Here's the recipe transcribed from the video you can find here.

 
approx. 2 bags marshmallow
2 cups sugar
20 drops food coloring
1 cup cream
9 oz chocolate
 
If I were to do this again I'd use a smaller pan, maybe 8x8, for this many marshmallows.  Our creepers turned out a little thin.  You also don't need this much chocolate ganache to paint tiny little creeper faces and toes.  I used 2.25 oz chocolate and 1/4 cup cream.  It was oodles.
 







No comments: