

I never had an imaginary friend, but I always thought that it sounded like fun. Well, Buddy boy has an ever expanding entourage of friends that follow him around and play with him. It started with Arthur. Then came Buster and DW, followed by Tim and Rosie and Cesil, a trio of mice. Pocoyo, Pato, Lula, and Ellie along with Pooh, Christopher Robin, and Tigger also visit on occasion. The only non-animated friends are Indiana Jones and Dr. Jones. They are Lego toys. Therea are others who make an occasional appearance including rock monsters. He refers to himself as We bacause all of his friends are included. He often looks like he has something in his hand. He is holding their hands. While he is playing I hear him saying, "Come on guys" to his friends. The friends come in the car with us and need to be buckled into their seats in the roof of the van and let out when we get where we are going. They sleep above him in an imaginary upper bunk, except for Lula, a dog, who sleeps on the floor next to him. At night they all need their blankets.
It is fun for the most part. Once I accidentally closed the car door before all of the friends got out and Buddy Boy melted down crying because they were stuck inside the car. I tried having a little chat about real vs. pretend, Mommy and Daddy are real. Pocoyo and Pato are pretend. That didn't go over well at all so now we just say that the guys need to be fast getting out of the car.
1 comment:
If my Tim and his Lion-Guy weren't 10 years younger than Calvin and Hobbes, I'd swear they were the inspiration! I hear you...
Post a Comment