Here are a few photos of our trip this summer. I already wrote about
our first weekend and the stop at Temple Square and the Brigham City temple dedication. After that we had a few days at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was very relaxing and fun too. We hadn't spent much time there in years. We went to Walmart. Buddy Boy thought it was "amazing". I'm not sure why, we do go to Target on a regular basis, and our Target even has an elevator.
Buddy Boy and Grandpa read Calvin and Hobbes. Buddy Boy was Calvin and Grandpa was everyone else. Calvin is having a definite influence on Buddy Boy's behavior and vocabulary and I'm not sure it is a good one.

I'm pretty sure that somewhere there is a picture of me and my brother looking something like this. I remember loving the circus tent. Mom made this many years ago. It fits over a card table and you use a pop bottle to hold up the top. She even has a little flag for the top of the tent. So much fun!
We went to a great
dinosaur park in Ogden. This is not the National park, but a fun place with life sized (or sometimes scaled down) models of real dinosaurs. A lot of fun for the kids.
Buddy Boy wanted to see the desert and real cowboys so we went to a friends dairy farm. Lots of cows, a couple boys, and a miniature horse. The kids liked it and I don't think I've ever met such a competent twelve year old. You would have thought he ran the place. He sort of did. He hauled hay and drove the big trucks and had his own calves that he raised and sold to buy his own 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. Great kid.
I spent an afternoon with my Aunt working on genealogy. To say she is an expert is an understatement. We got a lot done. It was a good kick start to get me going again.
We ran through (and with) the sprinklers...
and climbed the mountain...
and went to the park.
The
Golden Spike trains are still there. But the rocketship is gone. To bad. That was one tall slide.
After all that relaxing we packed up and got ready for the big reunion in Idaho. More on that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment