Thursday, December 1, 2011
Here is the painting that I finally finished. I could do a bit more tweaking but I'm done. There are things I really like and other things not so much. My favorite part is the front of the house and front steps and the glowing light coming from the back left. I like the colors. I chose to keep the range of colors pretty narrow and have a lot of value contrast, less like a rainbow circus that way. I like the suggestion of trees around the house.
I don't really like the evergreens on the left, too heavy and conical. I needed something dark to balance out the dark on the right, but it didn't come out quite right. I don't like the vines over the arbor on the right, too flat, wrong color. Or the gingerbread men. I need to work on my figure drawing.
There you have it. I'm working on my next one, but I am slow. Life gets in the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment