Monday, December 19, 2011

Nativity

Last year I did a papercut nativity that was about 11 inches tall.  This year I wanted it bigger so that I could put it in the front window kind of like the haunted house thing I did.  So a couple weeks ago I gave it a try.  To enlarge it I put the original in a plastic sheet protector and set a light behind it.  I had to get the right angle for the light so that the lines would come out straight.  I taped the paper to the wall and traced it.  The paper I have is black on one side and white on the other.  That made it easier to see in the lines I was drawing in the dark.

I traced and cut and had a pretty good looking piece at the end.  It's about 2 1/2 feet tall now.  I thought that I would laminate it so that I could use it again another year.  That was a mistake.  The paper didn't go through straight so it ended up a little squished together at the top.  I didn't want to start over so I just put black tape over anything that looked funny and called it good.  There isn't a star anymore, which is unfortunate, but it's good enough for now.  Maybe I'll redo it for next year, maybe.


It looks good from the street at night, but I enjoy it most in the morning when the sun casts a shadow on the curtains.

3 comments:

Sea Star said...

Wow... that is really beautiful.

Becky said...

I was going to say the same thing as Sea Star...so I'll change and say...

That looks really pretty. What a wonderful talent.

Brooke said...

love it!