I must be feeling a bit better after my surgery last week since I pulled out the paints yesterday. This is my last painting from the wetcanvas.com tutorial. The tutorial ended before Christmas, but I've been a little slow getting to it.
When I white balanced the photo I increased the contrast a little bit as well. It looks better. My actual painting is a bit more washed out. This isn't as colorful as some of the others I've done lately but it fits the mood. I wanted to create a cool dark alley with warm light at the end. The original photo had red flowers, which were very pretty, but I thought they would stick out too much since there isn't any red anywere else in the painting. I wanted to keep it to the golden yellow and the blue-violet. The green is actually a mix of the blue and yellow ochre I was using. The blue is a mix of indigo, cobalt, and rose madder. It was fun. A different color scheme than I've used before.
p.s. I'm feeling pretty well, still a little sore and oddly numb in a few spots. I have my post op follow up appointment on Tuesday. I'll probably find out the results of the lymph node pathology tests then.
Saturday, January 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear you're feeling good. I was thinking about you today and wondering if you'd had the surgery yet. Hope you get good news at followup. And your painting looks great. I have no talent for that kind of art!
Merilee
I've been meaning to comment for weeks to tell you that we have been thinking about you. We think you're great and wish you the best.
Post a Comment