Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

This year we celebrated Valentine's Day with a party for My Girl and her friends.  We invited all 13 girls in her class, and most of them came.  Add a couple of out of town friends to the mix and it was quite a crowd of happy, chatty, 6-year-olds.
 
This is the second or third year we have had a party on Valentine's day and it is quite a hit. There isn't any better way to spend the afternoon than with every single one of your friends.  Not Every single one.  They wouldn't all fit so we stuck with the school friends.
 

 
We colored and made valentine love bugs.  These are the love bugs I made for the kids.  We played a few games and ended with a picture treasure hunt around the back yard.  It was surprisingly hard.  I as afraid it would be too easy so I did close up photos to make it a little trickier.  Maybe that wasn't needed.
 







It was a fun day.  I'm pretty sure we've started a tradition.  The only problem is that I'll need to come up with new activities since a lot of the same kids will be invited next year.


This is my little love bug dressed up for Dress-as-your-favorite-character day at school.  In case you didn't recognize the outfit, it's Cherry the Cake Fairy.  She's one of the Party Fairies of course.

No comments: