Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"Tree" house

The kids have wanted a tree house for a long time, but we don't have a tree that would work.  Then I saw a picture of a bunk bed converted into and outdoor loft and the light bulb sent off.  I am not a carpenter, but I can assemble Ikea furniture with the best of them.
 
Before we could erect our "tree" house we had to take out a couple of big spiky things.  Thankfully the roots were shallow.  I did have to borrow GranDad's pick to get the job done.  Buddy Boy thought that was pretty cool and even gave a few swings himself.
 

Our "tree" house is really an Ikea Svarta loft bed.  It only took three trips to Ikea to get it.  The first trip they were out.  The second time I called first and they sold out in the time it took me to drive there.  We drowned our sorrows and disappointment in ice cream.  The third time's the charm I guess.


In place of the mattress I put a layer of cardboard and outdoor mats and a chair cushion.




The kids and their friends love it.


No comments: