Saturday, January 15, 2011

Turquoise spring scarf

Same twiggy design but in bright turquoise colors.  Think early spring instead of winter.  I like the rich dark blue.  The midrange blue is brighter than I had envisioned, but still works I think.  My technique with the resist is improving so the lines are thinner and neater, although there is something to be said for the thicker and more organic lines at times, but I still have a lot to learn about the painting process.  The paints are transparent like watercolors so the technique is different from oil or acrylic or craft paint for that matter.  You can't change much once you commit paint to silk like paint over a mistake or go to lighter color once an area is painted.  It also seems that you get better results if you minimize the amount of paint on the fabric.  I need a fairly clear idea of where I am going before starting and I need to remember to start light and work to dark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these. They are so beautiful.
Michelle