Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Halloween (in a couple weeks)


So this is what my front window looks like after dark.  Pretty cool if I do say so myself.  The window faces east so we get cool shadows on the curtains in the morning.  I borrowed the house design from a pumpkin carving pattern you can find here.  It just makes me smile.  I hope the neighbors like it as well.

P.S.
How I did it:
I used a roll of black paper from the teacher store and cut lengths the size of the windows and taped them to the window.  The neighbor stoopped by at this point.  Saturday morning-ish.  I'm in my pajamas taping black paper to the windows.  She must think I'm crazy.  I drew the designs on the back of the paper while it was hanging up, then took the paper down and cut it out.  The paper I had was white on the back which made it easier to sketch the design.  You could use white chalk to draw the pictures if you have to draw on black paper.  My curtains are sheers with a twiggy sort of pattern to them which really looks cool with the haunted house.  These are from Ikea, but discontinued.  There is something similar at Bed, Bath, and Beyond if you want to go for the full effect.

2 comments:

stina said...

More details on how you made it, please!!

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I totally want to try out that idea. You are so creative and I love reading your blog:)