Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Easter Birthday

Buddy boy has wanted to have an Easter birthday party ever since he saw the Winnie the Pooh video that has an Easter party so we did it even though it wasn't actually Easter. We had the party at Grammie and GrandDad's house and the cousins came for extra fun.

There was an Easter egg hunt with plenty of candy except that Baby girl's eggs were full of Cheerios instead of candy.

After dinner we had a little walk to the pond and a turtle hunt of sorts. They did catch a turtle in the pond and then let it go. After carefully examining the belly markings and the head patterns we think that they are red eared sliders. Pretty cute in a turtle sort of way.

Then back for Easter egg cake...
(For Dad, the only true birthday cake is a chocolate cake with whipped cream frosting, so I did my best to combine the wishes of Dad and Buddy boy. Instead of trying to color the cream I used more colored sugar. I used this pan previously to make acorns, ghosts, and spiders. Maybe I'll see if I can use it for all of the holidays.)
and a new bike.

A very fun party. Buddy boy didn't want to go to sleep that night. He wanted to stay up and play with his new firemen. It was pretty late by the time he finally dozed off.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love that you hid Cheerios for baby girl. I totally copied that. Not to say that Seth didn't find his way into some candy. I found him with a piece in his mouth, wrapper and all! Hope you had a good Easter.