What inspires me? Hmmm... There are so many things it is difficult to say. One of the reasons is that different things, and people, inspire me in different ways.

I love the beauty of nature on the grand scale especially when you can see the incredible power at work. I really love to be in high places like the top of a mountain. I've climbed Half Dome and walked on top of arches. It is amazing, breathtaking. The size and power of the natural world reminds me of the smallness of man. For some reason, it also makes me want to sing and write poetry. (Don't worry I'll never post my poetry. Some things are best left un-blogged.)
I also really like to look at natural beauty on a small scale too. I love flowers close up. I have carried a piece of drift wood with me for over 15 years because I think it is really cool looking. This sort of thing makes me want to draw and paint. I take photos of things with the idea that I will draw or paint it later. Occasionally that happens. Mostly I just enjoy the beauty of the little things. These things remind me of and make me marvel at the complexity and beauty of God's creations.
When it comes to people that inspire me I came up with several family members, and Abigail Adams, wife of president John Adams. Much has been written about her due to the letters that she and her husband wrote to each other over the years. I really admire her intelligence and the love and support and advice she gave to her opinionated and ambitious husband through some very difficult times. She was also a very capable and independant woman in a time when opportunities for women were limited. She was an amazing woman. She inspires me to be smart and patient.
more inspiration on Wordful Wednesday
3 comments:
I love your collages and Abigail Adams was in the running for my post! She is amazing. Truly.
A) loved the pictures. Nature is amazing!
B) Post your poetry!!!
C) I too love Abigail Adams, learned to appreciate her through Irving Stone's book Those Who Love.
The photos are lovely! There is something about seeing the beauty of God's creations from the braod scale down to the minutest details that really makes one's heart swell with gratitude and awe.
Post a Comment