Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nativity


I actually did this sometime months ago, but I thought I would wait to post it until Christmas time.  Often I start with a photo, but this one I actually drew.  The style is a lot different, but I still like it.  The pattern in the window behind the family is adapted from Moorish tile work. 

Buddy Boy found a holiday pop-ups book at the library and wanted to make a couple of things.  There were many different holidays represented in the book including Jewish, Chinese, Persian, and Scottish New Year's celebrations and a variety of religious holidays.  I made the nativity and Jack chose the wise man face that folds in to a card and did it with minimal help.  I remember that one of my brothers loved pop-up books as a kid.  It was fun to see some of the techniques to make your own.

3 comments:

L said...

That is quite a lot of talent you've got in your house--both of you! I especially love the cutout. So beautiful!

Cindy Bean said...

Excellent job from both of you!

Unknown said...

Is this just a cutout? It looks shaded. how large did you do it. It is really pretty and the window is very special!