I cut out the green and glued it to pieces of red the same size. White numbers go on the back. I wanted the star to be the last thing uncovered so I put the numbers in a rather random order. I also put a present on the 4 for Baby Girl's birthday. A little tape to the wall and there you go. One trick is to rub a bit of candle over the tape to make it less sticky. That way you can easily remove it from the paper to turn the numbers over.
On Christmas Eve this is what we will see.
I had ideas for an elaborate papercut nativity type advent calendar, but it is an ambitious project that wouldn't get done in time to use this year. Maybe next year. I'd probably need to start now.
We also went up to Palo Alto to see the Christmas Creche exhibit. I had heard about it from friends and announcements at church. It was really great, beautiful works of art from all over the world and also from local artists. As we walked from room to room Buddy Boy said, "Everything is so beautiful!"
The kids loved the children's room with dress ups, crafts, and a marionette show. I really enjoyed seeing how the images were rendered in different traditional artistic styles. It was fun to recognize some of the styles from places I have visited. Those from Guatemala and Bolivia really jumped out as I remembered seeing similar things in the markets. It is definitely on the to do list for next year as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment