Friday, December 31, 2010

Shadow puppets

I realized that I never did a full review of our summer vacation to Idaho.  To sum it up, we had a great time.  The kids ran up and down and all around inside and outside with their cousins.  Mom (Grandma) had activities and programs planned.  It was a great time. 

My activity was a shadow puppet play.  I made the puppets and let my brothers do silly improv versions of the three little pigs and the three billy goats gruff.  Thanks to the movable joints the Big Bad Wolf turned in to Disco Wolf.  My brothers did a great job and the kids just ate it up.  I had ideas of doing the 12 dancing princesses, but that was a bit too much.  Here are a couple photos. The puppets are made from cereal boxes with bamboo skewers taped to the back.  The screen or stage is a sheet tied across the opening of an old three sided building.  We sat inside and the light from behind was just right.





1 comment:

L said...

Alison, you are so talented! I need to find a way to steal some of your good ideas to use with my primary kids. :)